Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Soft-top Back Glass

Anyone having trouble with the glass coming out of a C5 convertable top? It seems to have become unglued at the glass. There is nothing on the glass itself. The dealer says the entire top has to be replaced at $2100+. I cannot believe there is not an adheasive that will work. Any suggestions welcome.

Submitted by: Marvin Faulkenburry

ReplyPosted By
I had the same problem & it turned out the glass bead was cut out by would be thieves trying to gain entry to the veh versus the glass "falling out." I took it to a top shop & they were able to re-glue the glass, although it looked great when they were done, they would not gaurantee it. Traded the car in right after that, so I don't know how long it held. I would suggest you take your car to a reputable upholstery shop & let them take a look at it. Mike Scribner on 5/11/2011 12:55:05 PM
if you have a shop that specializes in corvettes in your area, ask if they can fix it or suggest someone who can, or look for a reputable shop that does convertible tops and ask them if they can fix it or have a solution. also many times other gear heads at car shows or cruise-ins can help or tell you where to look for help. the dealerships are the last place to look for help unless it's under warranty, and even then it's usually a complete pain to deal with them! Kevin Knapik on 2/9/2010 1:28:58 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread