Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Emissions Engine Check Light

I own a 2004 C5 Vette with 18,000 miles and my engine check light came on. When checking the problem it indicated it is a P0410-which is a Secondary Air Induction System Malfunction. I took it over to Koons Chevy, and the fix costs around $500.. My question to GM, this car only has 18,000 miles and is garaged, why would an emissions problem occur with such low milage, and I was told this pump was clogged causing the problem. I asked why, and was told it could happen again, and the warranty was good for 36 months, or 36,000 miles. I find that emissions coverage should be better than that, as a consumer. I don't understand GM's response to that problem and what causes it. The Vette will not pass inspection without a fix for this emissions problem. Maybe GM needs to take another look at this error problem and they might consider a better design. What do you all think! Thanks. FJ

Submitted by: Frank Johnston

ReplyPosted By
I had a problem with my 2004 Active Handling with 14,000 miles that was recalled on the 2005 & 2006 made within the same time period but they wouldn't consider mine. My question was, if I had driven the "hell" out of it & it had happened withoin the 4 years or after the 36,000 miles would they take care of it even though the recall was not issued until 2010, they replied *** Never answered ME!! I'm with you, I think the mileage should have a bearing as to the wear & tear on the car. They should be constructed to last with more mileage, considering the cost. A Kia with 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty is looking better for the future. And if KIA or whomever weren't manufactured to last, they wouldn't offer the warranty, wouldn't you think? I must have been mistaken, but I thought the emission system was warranted longer. Anyway, I think it stinks & I'm with you in whatever I can do to support your cause. Let's stand together! Lynnie Hinely Lynnie Hinely on 7/10/2012 11:59:39 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread