Return to ForumsReply to Thread
2004 Corvette Emissions Problem

I presently am dealing with an engine check light which reads out a P0410 Secondary air injection system malfunction and a P0419 Insufficient Flow Bank 1 problem--all for the second time since the dealership claimed they fixed it for $550.00. I approached GM with this problem and was told I don't drive the Vette enough-18,600mi. I thought I heard almost all excuses in my life, but not driving it enough ended my confidence level with GM. I was also told by the dealership that this happens quite often with Corvette Emissions systems. I really think there should be a recall, because of a design problem with their emissions. I've filed a complaint for a recall with the NHTSA to look into this matter. If anyone else needs to reach them with the same situation call: 888-327-4236. I'd like to hear some feed back from you all. Many thanks. F.Johnston Submitted by: Frank Johnston

Submitted by: Frank Johnston

ReplyPosted By
This may not be the same problem but I did have a similiar issue wuth my 2001. It would get a check engine light then go into limp mode. I do not remember the code. I found that the problem was due to a "air leak" at the air cleaner. I cleaned the KNN air cleaner and apparently when I put it back one of the latches did not latch completely. I cleared the codes and problem solved. ps; If I turned the car off then restarted it it would run fine. It would fail when the go pedal was pressed hard! Leslie Wise on 6/16/2010 11:00:50 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread