Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Front Springs: 1970 Roadster

I have a '70 roadster, 350/300HP with turbo 400 automatic. Car is fully loaded, AC, PW, PS etc... Question: I want to replace the front coil springs and understand there are no factory replacements available, only after market springs. I also understand that it's a real crap shoot on how those after market springs will make the car sit. Ride height is critical to me as I want the car to sit dead level and was told things like engine size, options etc... can all affect ride height with the after market springs. Does anyone know of an aftermarket spring that will give as close as possible correct ride height? Thanks

Submitted by: Andy Bedoian

ReplyPosted By
Guess what? You?re in luck because it isn?t that difficult. Simply go to one of the major Corvette aftermarket suppliers and look up springs for your car. You should find 2 listings: one for big block and one for small block. Buy your small block springs and install them. The front end will likely sit higher for a few weeks until the sprigs break-in and settle to a normal ride height. Once they have settled don?t be surprised if the front is still higher than the back. After all you have two new front springs and a used saggy rear spring. At this point you can do one of two things: install a new rear spring and adjustable spring hanger bolts or install adjustable rear spring hanger bolts and adjust the car until it?s level. Due to normal variances in springs in general this is the best way we have found in the shop to precisely level a Corvette. Actually back when your car was new because GM was notoriously bad about the quality of their OEM springs we often had to level brand new or nearly new Vettes. Posted by Administrator on 3/7/2016 3:15:01 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread