Return to ForumsReply to Thread
cruize control

I have a 1999 coupe. the cruize control will not engage. Not sure where to start to find the problem. Anyone have this problem before? Suggestions?

Submitted by: BP

ReplyPosted By
Thanks everyone. I did find the problem. After checking (I thought) everything, it turned out to be a bad contact with the fuse. I removed the fuse and wiped the contacts and everything works fine again. I wish they could all be so simple. Thanks again BP BP on 2/16/2012 9:22:18 AM
Thanks for the help. Now I have a place to start. BP on 9/26/2011 1:38:19 PM
I have a 2005 convertible and my problem is that there have been times where my cruise control will not disengage. The service department has no idea what the problem is. Charlie Mauch on 9/14/2011 8:16:28 PM
I just got my 2004 Corvette back from the repair shop and the cruise control didn't work. I decided to check the obvious, before I called the dealer back. So I went to the fuse box (which is behind a panel on the passenger side, under the dash) and discovered that the repair person had removed the cruise control fuse and replaced it in the wrong socket. The cruise control socket is #20, and the socket next to it, #22, is not used. That's where he put the fuse. So, I put the fuse back in the right place and it's working fine. Hope this helps! Joe Joseph Razumich on 9/14/2011 6:27:38 PM
I had a "94 with the same problem, I found a "T" vacuum fitting (hiding under the passenger side engine valove cover) that was cracked. The other indication was low power when going up a steep hil, I had to down shift. Dan Moss on 9/14/2011 6:05:43 PM
First make sure cruise control is turned on. The on switch is on the multi-function switch that is also the blinker control. If Cruise control is turned on and it still won't engage, check the fuse. If the fuse is good, check the vacuum lines. Master Certified Vehicle Inspector on 9/14/2011 3:12:06 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread