Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Bra for front of C4

I had a LeBra on the front of my C4 Corvette here in Ohio. Our disadvantage was the was had to have the front license plate displayed which meant the opening for the plate had to be exposed. I found that this opening and the ones around the driving lights allowed small pebbles (stone chips) to get underneath the cover when driving on the highway and they scratched the front of the nose piece of the car. These were deep enough that they couldn't be buffed out, it would have required new paint in that area. If you're in Florida that may not be a problem if you don't have to use the front plate. I would look for a bra that has that front plate area closed and also may have clear plastic over the driving light area so that stone chips can't get in behind the cover.

Submitted by: Patty Dannhausen

ReplyPosted By
I can only echo Neal Hornung. I bought a 2013, 60th Anniversary Edition Grand Sport, and the first thing I did was have the 3M Venture Shield Film (Clear Coating) installed on the front end. I had the front end covered with 20% of the fenders, the entire hood, the back of the mirrors, and complete front headlights and running lights covered. Let me tell you, "IT'S WORTH THE PRICE". Coming back from a trip I was struck in the front, just below the hood line by a good size rock. I thought the front would be toast. When I stopped and looked at the front end, all you could see was a slight depression in the coating. The paint was perfect. I have had several other similar incidents (which comes from driving), and to this day, the car looks new, and the crap that has been thrown on the front end has not caused any damage. Take your old leather/vinyl bra and give it to a FORD owner. Get the good stuff. Many of the people in my Corvette Club have since had it done, and love it. Here's the 3m number to call: 1-800-328-1684 They will give you all the poop on the product, send you any information you need, and tell you where you can have it applied in your area. If you're interested, it cost me just under $700.00. After what I experienced, I'd have paid more. Get an estimate to repair your front end, and then think about the 3M Film. Dwight McDonald on 2/17/2014 5:36:23 PM
I can only echo Neal Hornung. I bought a 2013, 60th Anniversary Edition Grand Sport, and the first thing I did was have the 3M Venture Shield Film (Clear Coating) installed on the front end. I had the front end covered with 20% of the fenders, the entire hood, the back of the mirrors, and complete front headlights and running lights covered. Let me tell you, "IT'S WORTH THE PRICE". Coming back from a trip I was struck in the front, just below the hood line by a good size rock. I thought the front would be toast. When I stopped and looked at the front end, all you could see was a slight depression in the coating. The paint was perfect. I have had several other similar incidents (which comes from driving), and to this day, the car looks new, and the crap that has been thrown on the front end has not caused any damage. Take your old leather/vinyl bra and give it to a FORD owner. Get the good stuff. Many of the people in my Corvette Club have since had it done, and love it. Here's the #m number to call: 1-800-328-1684 They will give you all the poop on the product, send you any information you need, and tell you where you can have it applied in your area. If you're interested, it cost me just under $700.00. After what I experienced, I'd have paid more. Get an estimate to repair your front end, and then think about the 3M Film. Dwight McDonald Dwight McDonald on 2/17/2014 5:31:03 PM
As an accessories engineer for one of the big 4, they are both ok. But you have to be careful. Here are some tips. If it rains, take it off immediately when it stops raining, you want it to dry thoroughly, and apply wax to that part of the vehicle. If you don't take it off, the rain will stay in the material, the sun will cook the fabric and in many cases burn the paint or the clear coat. Watch you speeds on the highway, if the material starts to get loose or relax, it can scuff the clear coat or the paint. And make sure you have the tie downs secured so crosswinds don't loosen the bra to a point where it can come off. I have tested them at highway speeds when they come off, and it isn't pretty. I don't like to use them in the winter (my Vettes never seen the snow anyway) If you trap salt residue between the material and the paint surface, you will have issues. I hope this helps Mike Posted by Administrator on 2/12/2013 9:20:21 AM
A different idea you might consider insead of a bra; most people who have used one later wish they had not. Go to: Lamin-X.com Lamin-X is a company that makes fantistic films to install over headlight, taillights, etc. the stuff is just about bullet-proof. They also have films that are installed on your paint for a permanent solution to rock, chip sap, tar, etc. The paint film really needs to be installed by a professional film company look under window tinting. Alot of high-end new car dealers are putting this on their high dollar vehicles as a luxury service. Richard L. Hammon on 2/11/2013 3:12:15 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread