Return to ForumsReply to Thread
96 C4 TPMS

Bought My 96 C4 Coupe new, Christmas of 95. Only has 26K miles on it. Last year I bought a set of aftermarket wheels and tires and found out after I installed them that they do not have TPM sensors. I want to keep my original wheels and tires intact so that everything will be original, in case I decide to get it certified as a survivor, or enter it in any shows. Therefore cannibalizing the sensors from the original "Cuisinart" wheels is out of the question. Does anybody know if the newer, less cumbersome, C5 sensors will work with the C4 receiver? Or if not, does anybody know of a good source for C4 sensors?

Submitted by: Roy Elliott

ReplyPosted By
Mid America Motorworks does not carry TPMS for C4. Repented Hipster on 8/6/2014 11:14:20 AM
In response to the members question re the TPM sensors. You might try Coastal Corvette in Mims, FL. Talk to John Prasek. They deal primarily in C4, C5 and C6 models that have been salvaged. Telephone number 321-269-4995 and on the web www.coastalvette.com Good luck with your search. Anonymous on 11/8/2013 10:31:26 AM
Today. 11/5, there are sensors for all four positions on eBay. It's the only way to get them now. Some are new, most are used. Corvette Central used to carry an aftermarket replacement, but no longer has them. Posted by Administrator on 11/6/2013 10:13:41 AM
1996 low tire pressure sensors are hard to find. I had one damaged by a tire installer. I ended up on eBay. Note that you must buy them for individual wheels: Front right, front left, etc. You can install the newer "valve-stem" type can be installed, but they will not work with your factory system display and must have an after market display installed somewhere on or around your dashboard. Good luck! Dean C Kaul on 11/5/2013 1:28:07 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread