Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Lifting a C5

Hi All -- I have a 2002 C5 convertible. I also have a professional lift in my Corvette Garage, but now is the first time I need to put my C5 on the lift. Can anyone tell me where the lifting points are on the undercarriage and best options/ways to elevate my car so as to swing the lift arms underneath it? Thanks for any help, and Best Wishes for a terrific Corvette season!!! Phil

Submitted by: Phil deVries

ReplyPosted By
Look at the frame rail behind the front wheels and ahead of the rear wheels and you will see four slots with a round hole in the center of each slot. These are the lifting points but they are designed for lifting pucks. Pucks are spacers to prevent distortion to the SMC through contact with the lifting pads on the lift or jack. Place a lifting puck into each slot and turn it 90 degrees to lock it in place then lift away with no body damage. The pucks are available through any Corvette supplier and are available in aluminum and plastic. I prefer aluminum and have had a set we have used here in the shop for many years and they still look new. The pucks can also be used on several other cars with the same slot configuration. Posted by Administrator on 4/29/2014 10:40:50 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread